September 17, 2008

What is the best part about conducting an ESLCC?

Wondering if an ESLCC is worth the effort? I asked my colleauges what they enjoyed best about facilitating a ESLCC and for most of us, it's a lot of fun while being a highly rewarding, enriching experience. Read on...

"The attendees always are happy to be in a safe, comfortable environment where they can practice their English. It’s very difficult to live in a “monolingual” society even though our population doesn’t reflect it at all! It’s just always a positive experience." - AM

"The inter-connecting with students" - TC

"Seeing adults step out of their comfort zone and attempt a challenging task like pronunciation and succeed." - ND

"Hearing everyone's opinion about the article topic and how it is different or non-existent in their country. Lots of timse they don't respond to the topic like I expected. I find that interesting from a sociological point of view." - CW

"Incredibly rewarding - it is fascinating on the level of language and how linguistic structures can inform our thinking about other cultures, perspectives, norms, in the way that we advance in understanding. I love learning about people, their motivations, and helping people navigate the world of English more successfully." - CR

"Look for creative ways to make the discussion fun and energetic. I like our customers to leave the class full of energy and motivation." - MA

"I love meeting new people, learning something about them and their homes. We have a lot of fun discussing 'American-isms' or challenging words such as 'indigenous'." - LJ

"I enjoy giving ESL learners the opportunity to practice their verbal skills. I simply enjoy talking and listening to them try out their new-found skills." - CT

"I love learning about the cultures and lives of the members of the group. Some of the group members become great friends." - JW

"The personal relationships, and the pride in group members increasing their confidence and skills, or reaching their personal goals." - HK

"A great opportunity to enrich lives and promote literacy" - MD

"The students are so much fun. I learn a lot from them." - RK

"Participants are lively, have good questions, are eager to learn, and have a sense of humor - it's my favorite time of the week!" - PE

"I have become friends with a lot of these people and they are freinds with each other. We all laugh a lot. I can see how they improve every week." - KM

"I love meeting the people, hearing their stories, and having fun with them by playing games and more!" - ST

No comments: